I enjoy helping others and I love physical culture. I’m fortunate that my job as a trainer combines the two.
- IKFF Certified Kettlebell Coach w/ World Record Holder Ken Blackburn
- USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach w/ US Olympic Head Coach Harvey Newton
- Fundamental Movement Systems(FMS) Level 1 and 2 Instructor
- Body Movement Specialist w/ Supple Leopard author Kelly Starrett
- Gym Jones Fundamentals Coach
- Registered Yoga Teacher 200-RYT with Yoga Alliance
- Diet Specialist w/ Paleo Solution author Robb Wolf
- Kids Crossfit Instructor with first CF kids gym and trainers in the nation in Ramona, CA
- Multiple Crossfit Trainer Courses beginning in 2007
- NAKA Athletics Freestyle Connections with Carl Paoli
- Glen Pendlay Olympic Lifting Level 1 and Level 2
- Catapult Olympic Weightlifting Clinic with Don MaCauley
- Movement Camp and Online Training Course with Ido Portal
- Wim Hof 10 week training course
Dean has been actively involved martial arts for over half of his life. He is undefeated as an amateur and as a professional mixed martial artist. He has competed nationally and has many BJJ and submission grappling titles. He has trained at top pro camps around the country and has sparred and competed against some of the best mixed martial artists in the world.
He received his blue belt from Rolker Gracie in 2005, his purple belt from Relson Gracie black belt, Lionel Perez and Victor Huber in 2007, his brown belt from Royler Gracie black belt, Victor Huber in 2009, and his black belt from Rigan Machado blackbelt, Chris Haueter, the 5th American to ever receive a BJJ black belt, in 2011.